A complete guide to home improvement the environmentally friendly way - whether you want to redecorate or redesign your home, this essential book provides all the information you need to reduce your home's carbon footprint and improve the quality of your life.
These days there is a lot to consider when making home improvements. It should not be all about aesthetics and creating more space - it's important to contemplate environmental issues and to make good decisions right down to selecting fabrics and furnishings. Conran's Eco House Book provides all the information you need to reduce your home's carbon footprint and directly improve your quality of life.
Conran gives special attention to reducing daily energy and water consumption, by advising on how to improve insulation, green heating systems, alternative power generation and low energy lighting.
- Servicing - Eco Audit, Energy, Heating, Cooling, Lighting, Water
- Basic Fabric - Windows, Floors, Walls and Ceilings, Furniture and Fittings
- Design - Layout, Flexibility, Making New Openings, Conversions, Extensions, New Builds, Structural Systems
- Outdoor Spaces - Earth Sheltering, Green Roofs, Gardening and Landscaping, Water, Composting
- Maintenance - Reducing Waster, Cleaning
- Case Studies